CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Still Learning Patience

We have had some amazing things happen this last month. For one my Bell's Palsy is gone. Yeah!!! The only reminder I have of it is our church directory photo, where it looks like I'm a smart allic because the right side of my face is not quite right. Oh well.
We were told that Youth For Christ didn't get their grant for the abstinence program. Well it was a good thing Nick took his promotion at the mortuary. Then we found that we got into the low income housing that we had applied for last July. We were so excited. We were excited... the very next day, we got a call that the owner of the apartment complex over rode the managers decision to evict the current tenant. Which means we are again on hold in vacating the parental units household. Good news though we are next on the list for the apartments. We don't know when a spot will become available. Prayerfully soon. We are going to be putting a deposit down so the next available unit will, by law, be ours. We know God has a plan for us, we just don't know what it is yet.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Praise the Lord! That's awesome that the Bell's Palsy is gone. Glad to hear you can laugh about the church directory photo, though!

I understand needing to be patient with God's timing. I'll be praying for that for you and for peace in the meantime.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Tell you mom, dad and sister that I wished them a Happy Thanksgiving, as well!

Kimberly

Kayla said...

I should very much like to see this picture :) Anyway, sorry to hear about the housing thing as well as the yfc job not going through, however, at least he got the corpse promotion and at least you're first on the waiting list :) Happy Thanksgiving!

charity said...

I like how kayla refer's to nick's promotion as the " corpse promotion."
As for the housing situation, I'll be sure to pray that somebody else gets kicked out of those houses as soon as possible :P
Is nick still doing the music for that one church we all visited once?
We should probably have some type of youth group reunion.
We can drink punch and dance and then go home and talk about how I cant believe she married him and didn't he gain so much weight and how everyone has changed so much.
And at the reunion I'll run into some nerd who used to have a crush on me but is now good looking and ridiculously rich and he'll whisk me away in his helicopter and I'll open up my own fashion store.


Apparently I think all reunions are just like Romy and Michelle's high school reunion. pshh, I wish.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I tracked you down! :) I sent an email to you but it bounced back - email me, k? tatefamily@sti.net - glad your recovering from bell's palsey - I had that 3 Christmas' ago and it was the weirdest experience!
Amy