CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Marathons and Magic Kingdoms


We got back from our Disney trip a few days ago. We meaning, my folks, sister, son and myself. Nick had to work which he says "You go and I'll stay here to pay for the trip!"
Anyway, we had a blast. The main reason we went down to So Cal is my dad was running a half marathon (13.5 miles) it started in the Disney park went through Anaheim Statium and back to the park. Pretty impressive. He made it to the end averaging 14 minutes a mile. And he was still able to walk around Disneyland the next day. Wow, we are all so proud of him.
A month before we left for our trip it was a project of mine to stretch Zech as tall as we could to get him to 40 inches. The majority of fast rides stated you had to be 40 inches or taller to ride. At the time he was 38 inches without shoes. So I thought insoles, thick soled shoes and a spiky hair style would do the job...
Our first day we went to California Adventure and our first ride we thought we'd try California Experience. We get up to the line to see Zech's height, here's where we find if all our hard work and lengthning pays off... NOT HAPPENING. A fraction of an inch off.
So Zech and I found something better...
We couldn't get him on the big rides so we spent a lot of time in A Bug's Life park (geared for the little tykes) and saw a lot of shows. Zech and Dad left the park early. Dad needed to rest for the marathon the next day and Zech fell asleep before they made it out of the park. So my mom, sister and I went to Disneyland side of the park and did some of the rides I wouldn't be able to do with Zech
(40 inch rule and all).

The next day was Labor Day and the race... Yeahhh Dad!

The following day the whole fam went to Disneyland and that was where alot of the rides that we went on as kids happened. Zech got his picture taken with Tigger, my mom's favorite character. That was awesome for my mom I'm sure.
We had a blast. He found his favorite ride though, the Jungle Cruise. That's how we started the day and that's how we ended the day. And you would have thought my son would have been knocked out by all the days fun... no he was wired till like midnight. Next year should be even better. The next height requirement is 46 inches... maybe?!

1 comments:

Kayla said...

WOW!! Very impressed by this post Rachael. I'm pretty sure thats the most you've written in months. Good job.

Anyway, it looks like you guys had tons of fun and I totally want to go to Disneyland now! Sorry about Zech's 39 3/4 inch issue but I'm sure he didn't feel like he was missing much.

See, your post is so long I don't even know how to focus my comment. So, I'll just end it. Glad you had fun though! See ya!