CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Two Blogs in One Month


There was a part of the trip I wanted to put in the last blog, but I got so focused on Disneyland that I didn't mention it before. It seemes fitting to add it today because it is Grandparent's Day... We got a chance to visit my grandma (my mom's mom) in Thousand Oaks. It was great to see her, especially with Zech there. I loved seeing them together. She doesn't get a chance to travel often because she found she has lung cancer and is currently going through chemotherapy, it drains her. I could tell Grandma Kay enjoyed the visit. And Zech didn't hold back the entertainment. He was as bouncy and loud as he is at home (picture Tigger on 20 energy drinks... maybe not that wired). Anyway,I know grandma wanted to bottle some of that energy, we all did.
My uncle (my mom's brother) was telling us how he came home from work and found my grandma had shaved her head, not uncommon for someone undergoing chemo, but he goes "Mom, what are you doing?! You just finished the part of your treatment that causes your hair to fall out yesterday! Your hair was going to start growing back!" Oh well, I say we'll call it a bold fashion statement. We love you Grandma!
P.S. Yes, you are not imagining things, the dates are not tampered with. This is another blog update in the same month. Yahoo!

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Very impressive posting there Rachael! Sorry about her cancer, but that thing about your grandma's hair was pretty funny.

Kimberly said...

I agree that Grandma shaving her head is hilarious. I would have given anything to be there when Uncle Jeff found out! My mom and I were comparing her to Britney Spears' cry for help when she shaved her head and were crying we were laughing so hard. Grandma is the best!

Speaking of Grandma....I talked to her yesterday and she told me about your Bells Palsy. I'm so sorry! I prayed for you this morning and will continue to do so. Let me know how things are going! I have a friend who just went through the same thing. The doctors said it would take YEARS to recover, but it only took months, so there is hope! Take care!

Kimberly

Justin Richardson said...

wow, i dint know u guys still updated this thing. how's everybody doing?