CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Our son the wise guy!

So the other day Nick and Zech had some time together and out of the blue Zech asks Nick why he can't go on roller coasters.  Nick said "It's not that I can't go on roller coasters it's just they make me sick feeling and I choose not to go on them. I could if I wanted to I just don't want to". Zech looks at him and says, "Huh, like me and swimming". ( Here's a little back story to that comment) Last year we got Zech to go swimming with out his floaties (water wings) for most of the summer, this year he backslid and put up quite a fight to have his floaties back on, for one reason or another he would not go swimming without them... that should make me feel safe knowing he's got them on but I would feel much safer if I knew he knew how to swim if he fell in the pool without them.  So anyway, he makes that comment to Nick and Nick just looks at him and says "You think your so smart don't you? I tell you what, I'll make a deal with you. Every time you actually swim without your floaties, I have to go on a roller coaster ride at Disneyland when we go in three weeks. Deal? " Zech took the deal. Later that night we went to Nick's parent's house for some family time and swimming.  Zech was excited to show daddy he could swim, until he got to the second step and he started to revert back to being afraid.  But then he saw his older cousins swimming and having a good time in the pool and a bit of courage came his way and all he needed was the reminder of dad and the roller coaster and he was diving off the side of the pool before we knew it.  He did it about 8 or 9 time.  So Nick has to ride about 10 rides at the Magic Kingdom.  I bet he's sorry he made that bet... well it worked anyway. 

1 comments:

Kayla said...

haha... that is hilarious. You're gonna have to be careful with that kid... he's incredibly smart... too smart... hhhmmmmmmm....