CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

First Day of School... Ever!


Our little boy started school last Tuesday (8/19).  I cannot even believe it.  When I woke up that morning all I was thinking about was getting Zech up, dressed, fed, and getting him to school on time.  It didn’t sink in until we actually got him in his classroom and saw him with his classmates and his teachers.  He looked so grown up and when the teacher looked at Nick she made a comment about not getting emotional and that’s when the next 16-20 years of Zech’s life flashed before my eyes.  I started thinking about all the friends and enemies that are going to enter his school life and all the influences (good and bad) that are going to appear as well.  Wow, I got really deep there, sorry… Zech walked right in the classroom and started playing with the toys and the other kids like it was no big deal.  I wish I could have done that.  Anyway, after class I asked his teacher how he did and she told me that he is a good boy, we all knew that, and that he was always ready to move to the next thing before it was time.  But she said he wasn’t annoying about it, he simply asked if he could do the next thing and she would say not yet and he would say okay and that was that.  I thought that was pretty funny.  He does that at home too. 

Well, he survived the first 3 hours of his school career and I didn’t do that bad either… and so it begins.  It’ll be okay!


0 comments: