CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I could run to Disneyland, but I won't!


So here's a little catch up (Not ketchup, although that is my favorite condiment... anyway that was ridiculous, sorry!) So we went to Disneyland, it has become an annual family tradition.  My dad did the half marathon, while my mom and my sister did a 3 mile run through the park. They were getting into it (you know, all healthy and stuff) so Nick and I felt we couldn't be left out of all the fun, so we signed Zech up for a 200 yard dash.  And what did Nick and I do? We did as any good parent did and video taped everything.  It's a lot of work holding the camera up and walking at the same time, someone could get hurt. Everyone did great, all completing their races and exceeding each of our expectations of what it was going to be like.  I was proud of my dad for finishing his race with a better time than he did last year, and I was proud of Zech for not being afraid and running his race so much faster than any of the other slow poke kids, but most of all I was proud of my mom and my sister for completing a race they weren't even sure they were going to run till that day.  My mom made a goal for herself and my sister stuck by her till the end and they, although limping and exhausted, finished.  That was exciting! 

Another major moment of that trip was my husband was able to be a part of it this time.  He has always had a fear of roller coasters and he was not looking forward to it much, but like the trooper he is he managed to face his fear and take on each ride one at a time, and you know what? He had a blast, he conquered his fear and went on everything the parks threw his way. 
This trip had so much exciting things in it, it was my parent's 30th anniversary and they stayed in The California Grand, one of the hotels in the park.  They were treated like royalty, with chocolate covered strawberries, buttons to let all the park employees know it's their special day, and sweet autographed pics of the characters.  We were also the recipients of a group prize, we were randomly chosen to receive passes that got us to the beginning of the line on a select number of rides in both parks.  It was part of their "Year of  a Million Dreams" campaign.  We just happened to be in the right place at the right time.
 And because Zech surprisingly made the 42" requirement he was also able to join in on the fun.  The only rides he was not able to do were Indiana Jones and California Screamin'.  On top of all that excitement, we also received tickets to see the fire works in the VIP section, down main street at the train station. Pretty sweet! This trip is going to be hard to top next year, but it's sure worth a shot.

1 comments:

Kayla said...

awesome update... but you forgot to mention the best part... purchasing a delicious strawberry all day sucker for this girl (which i still haven't finished eating by the way)